Michigan Warhammer 40k GT team event


Hi all - as promised I am bringing to you my experience having attended the Michigan GT 40k team event this past weekend.  My friend Chris played Hawkshroud Warhammer 40K: Imperial Knight Warden  and I played a Catachan battalion based on the guy wearing flak armor with muscles bulging from the Warhammer 40k Astra Militarum Catachan Command Squad . Our Team was named Krastellan Defenders.
You can check out my video on Catachan combos here:  

Chris and I put a bit of work into his models the night before the event by adding basing and cleaning up some edges.  I ended up fixing his airbrush and he wrote a back story for the army and printed off army lists. 



I was glad to see some familiar faces at the event - Team Channel 4 News, Team Bad Decisions and others I recognized having attended Buckeye Battles.  Since I've been doing more and more airbrushing, I picked up an airbrush stand from Badger.

Now on to the games!! Round 1, we faced off against an infantry heavy Necron horde fielded by AFK games.  Quantum Shielding on the Stalker gave us some trouble but once I aimed the battle cannons at the warriors and the knights got up in there, we started putting on the hurt. 


Round 2 we faced the most energetic team at the event.  They were running Custode bike captains, Skatari, Sisters of silence and a Valiant Knight.  It was definitely a competitive list and these guys from Imperium Games were incredibly fun to play against.  Unfortunately they had some terrible dice rolls on the first turn with the Imperial Knights Knight Valiant Warhammer 40,000

Round 3 we were playing on what we were told was the top table! We played against Travis and Pete from Channel 4 News running all dark elder.  I had met these guys about 5 years ago at OH-Con and it was great to finally play Travis again.  This game was tough and to be honest the knights did all the work.  The dark eldar list was full of splinter and blasters and had an effective deep striking element.  The mission special rules gave penalties to shooting due to low visibility so really I just sat back and watched Chris pull off an incredible amount of damage with stomping, throwing destroyed vehicles and death grip.

We ended up winning all our games and placed 3rd out of the 30 teams.  I've been playing in tournaments for over 6 years and I believe this is the first time I've ended up 3-0.  I was really glad to have attended the Michigan GT team event and I would highly recommend it.


Thanks for checking out my blog.  Making purchases through the attached links helps support Born Painting and contributes to future content.  Thanks again and happy gaming!

-Brendan

Badger Air-Brush Co. 150-7 Professional Airbrush Set

Comments

  1. Congrats buddy, sounds like you had a great time and some good opponents! All you can ask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'm looking forward to Adepticon and Buckeye Battles as well - thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Legion Painted Imperial Miniatures featuring Darth Vader, Storm Troopers and Speeder Bikes

Painting an Imperial Knight for Warhammer 40k

Wiz-War board game Miniatures and Magic!