Hi all, I'm Brendan and this is my first post.  My passion is painting miniatures and attending table top events.  Yes Warhammer 40k is my main game but I love so many different systems from Star Wars Imperial Assault to board games and when I really enjoy a game, the miniatures get painted!  I have been doing this hobby for over 22 years and it's about time I start sharing this journey with you.

Earlier this week my project was a space marine captain. Games Workshop Warhammer Vanguard Veteran Squad (2015 Edition) SW The client specified that he wanted the model to be done in flesh tearer armor and have some snow on the basing.


The build itself was his design using bits from different marine kits.  He is obviously dark angel influenced with the shield and cloak with sanguinary guard wings and a space wolf thunder hammer.


The base came plain black and I knew it needed some extra love.  The rock is a few layers of built up cork and painted black and grey.  I then covered the base in sand with a few areas of dirt flock.  White paint was added over areas for the snowy effect.  Lastly I added a bit of glossy clear coat on the snow areas to give it a look of being wet. 

With every miniature there is a step about a quarter of the way in when you look at and think "this looks terrible".  You just have to keep going!


Thanks for checking out Born Painting.  More coming soon..

-Brendan

If you want to help support my journey through this hobby world you can purchase models and hobby supplies following the link below


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Legion Painted Imperial Miniatures featuring Darth Vader, Storm Troopers and Speeder Bikes

Painting an Imperial Knight for Warhammer 40k

Wiz-War board game Miniatures and Magic!